Thursday, June 15, 2017

Wk 3 - Activity - Graffiti Writing

Graffiti Writing

For this week activity, I have to paint my name by using some graffiti skills.

I actually didn't know any of those skills except knowing of using spray paint. I bought 5 different colors: black, white, red, yellow, and green. However, I only used 3 of them: black, red, and white. I first used red to paint my name (I thought Kennedy was too long, therefore, I changed it into Kenny). After that, I used black to border those letters and finally used white to make it "cooler."
Here is my process of my Graffiti Writing:


To be honest, I ruined a part of my grandpa's house for my first draft. The reason behind it was that I tried to paint all 7 letters of my name K-E-N-N-E-D-Y on a very small wall. Moreover, I couldn't control my hand while using the spray paint; therefore, the paint leaked almost everywhere. Then I had to try on another wall, which was also my final product. It turned out to be better then the previous one.
After doing this activity, I look at graffiti writing from a totally different aspect: it's more artisitc than I thought and especially it's so much harder than I used to think! For me, graffiti is totally a kind of art and everyone who likes and can do this street art is a true artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment